OBJECTIVE AND GENERAL INFORMATION
The main purpose of this internship program is to bring professional experience to students in electrical and electronics science and technology and related areas of engineering; as well as to improve their engineering skills by means of observing technological developments and applications in professional area; providing them with hands on training sessions within production environments and research laboratories in the organizations.
The duration of internship is at least 30 working days, provided that the students must complete their internship programs either within the mid-term break or during the summer. The internship program must be completed in public or private bodies on studentsí preference and the departmentís approval. The department may also direct students to the organizations on space-available basis that they have announced. Internship positions of this kind are announced by public notifications.
Students must prepare an internship report in accordance with "the guideline of internship report preparation" after completing their internship program and must have the authorized officer approve their internship report before submitting it to the departmental coordinator.
INTERNSHIP PERIODS AND SPECIAL CASES
Internship periods, except the special cases that can be accepted by the department, must be beyond the education and final exam dates. Internship programs can be completed in any period on students' preference starting from the end of 4th semester to the end of 8th semester. Students, having passed all the exams but not completed the internship program yet, can carry on the internship in any period of time. The internship program can either be accomplished at once as 30 working days or in two halves as 15 working days each, in various organizations.
SETTING INTERNSHIP PLACES
Students should prefer the most equipped organizations or institutes as their internship places in terms of their professional developments. The activities in the internship places must be related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering discipline. It is compulsory that there must be at least one Electrical or Electronics engineer in the internship place (if the internship place is a large organization, in the related sub-department). When the acceptance has been received from the organization, the approval of the departmental coordinator must be taken.
The documents necessary for internship can be obtained from the departmental secretariat, from the internship coordinator or via the department's Web site (Turkish version site, following the links "DERSLER VE EGITIM -> Diger Yardimci Belgeler"). Students having filled in the internship forms must have the coordinatorís approval. Necessary information related to further procedure will be delivered by the coordinator. All the procedures including the completion of internship documents and submission to the department must be completed at least 25 days prior to the starting date; so that the insurance premium is paid and internship documents are processed.
PREPARATION OF INTERNSHIP REPORT
- The internship report is a report that indicates the knowledge and experience the students have gained during the internship period.
- The first page of the report must cover studentsí information such as Name, Student ID Number, Department and Grade. The name of the internship place, starting and ending dates must also be written in the first page. The first page must be signed and stamped by the authorized persons in the organization.
- The content of the report is given in the second page by referencing with page numbers in the "content" list.
- The address, management chart and technical introduction of the internship place are given in the beginning of the report.
- The weekly or daily schedule of working program during the internship and the units worked under this working schedule are given in the report.
- In the report, the appropriate topics observed in the units worked are mentioned within a certain order according to the working program.
- The report should not only be limited to the theoretical information; but the comments related to social activities and professional life in the organization as well as observations, imperfections or deficiencies, staff relationships seen during the internship; advices and gains that the students acquired are also mentioned in the report.
- An appropriate font is used in writing the internship report and this font is applied throughout the report. Mathematical equations, if necessary, are configured in accordance with the font already used. Punctuations and spelling rules must be used correctly in the report.
- The report should be submitted to the department in a paperback binding or in a similar cover.
- The internship reports must be handed in to the internship coordinator within a month at the latest as from the ending date of internship. The internships that their reports are not submitted within due time will be considered invalid.
- The internship reports will be assessed by the internship committee. The internships that their reports are considered inadequate will be invalid.
- The internship reports are prepared in English.
Phone: +90 312 297 7000 | Fax: +90 312 299 2125 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org