Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Dr. Hüseyin Demircioğlu (Section 21)
Dr. Derya Altunay (Section 22)
Section 21: Thursdays 13:00 - 15:45, Classroom: E6
Section 22: Wednesdays 13:00 - 15:45, Classroom: E6
Modern Control Engineering, 5th Ed., K.Ogata, Prentice Hall, 2012.
· Mathematical Modeling of Dynamic Systems (3 weeks)
· Transient and Steady-State Response Analyses (3 weeks)
· Root-Locus Analysis (1 week)
· Frequency Response Analysis (2 weeks)
· Analysis of Control Systems in State Space (2 weeks)
· Design of Control Systems in State Space (1 week)
Daily attendance is strongly encouraged. Any student missing a lecture is responsible for all material assigned or covered in class during his or her absence.
Grading will be based on one midterm exam (40%), and a final exam (60%).
· J.J. DAzzo, C.H. Houpis, Linear Control Systems: Analysis and Design, 4/E, McGraw-Hill, 1995.
· R.C. Dorf, R.H. Bishop, Modern Control Systems, 12/E, Prentice Hall, 2011.
· G.F. Franklin, J.D. Powell, A. Emami-Naeini, Feedback Control of Dynamical Systems, 7/E, Global Edition, Pearson, 2015.
· F. Golnaraghi, B.C. Kuo, Automatic Control Systems, 9/E, John Wiley, 2010.
· N.S.Nise, Control Systems Engineering, 7/E, John Wiley, 2015.
· C.L. Phillips, J.M. Parr, Feedback Control Systems, 5/E, Prentice Hall, 2011.
· A.R. Stubberud, I.J. Willams, J.J. DiStefano, Schaums Outline of Feedback Control Systems, 2/E, McGraw-Hill, 1994.