ELE 739 SPECIAL TOPICS
Advanced Signal Processing Techniques for Communications
Project teams and
1. Alpaslan Yiğit & Onural Çimenler: Frequency Offset in OFDM signalling, presentation
2. Cevret Ertürk, Hasan Akbulut & Mehmet Kabasakal: Blind Equalization/
3. Tolga Uygunol: Multiuser-Detection
4. Raşit Tutgun & Zeynep Yıldırır: Resource Allocation in OFDMA systems, presentation
(The projects will mostly involve investigation of the topics below. You are
expected to find and make use of at least 3-4 papers/books chapters to prepare
your project. Little innovative thinking is expected, but if you can, you are
1. Blind Equalization/Deconvolution (Unsupervised Adaptive Filtering): Investigation of CMA, Finite Alphabet and Cyclostationarity Methods.
2. Frequency Offset in OFDM signalling: definition, problems it causes, methods to mitigate it.
3. Peak-to-Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in OFDM signalling: definition, problems it causes, methods to mitigate it.
4. Resource Allocation in OFDMA systems.
5. Reduced State Viterbi Algorithm,
6. Multiuser-Detection: Receiver Structures, ZF, MMSE, MLSE, Parallel and Serial Interference Cancellation.
7. Further topics in channel estimation: Bayes, Maximum Likelihood estimation, channel tracking
8. Any other appropriate topic related to the course outline, but must strictly be unrelated to your thesis studies.