Information for Registration
2019-2020 SPRING TERM
- For the 2019-2020 spring term registration procedures please visit the Office of Student Affairs' Web site: http://www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr. Please follow the procedures in "Öğrenci Ders Kayıt Kılavuzu" document published on the web site carefully since a new registration software has been initiated as of 2019-2020 spring term. Please consult your academic advisor if you have problems with the language.
- There have been some changes in the academic program of the department this year. Students that failed the ELE 118 course must register both ELE 120 and ELE 122. Please contact your academic advisor for further details and questions.
- Please be reminded that there have been some changes in the Hacettepe University's Undergraduate Directives as of 2018-2019 academic year: Students in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semesters can register maximum of 30 ECTS credits.
- There will be no quota extension in the courses that have two or more lecturers before all sections become full.
- First, second and third grade laboratories have 8 sections (21-28), whereas fourth grade laboratories have 5 sections (21-25). If you cannot register to a section due to full-quota try other sections. The section number you select does not matter as the laboratory hours will be announced later by the laboratory assistants.
- Please pay attention in your registrations to keep course + laboratory consistency.
- Each internship practice of 15 days will be coded either as ELE 389 and ELE 390 in accordance with the present term. However, any of these courses must not be registered unless the student performed the internship (at least 15 days) and wrote the report since these courses have credits and will be graded as any other course. For instance, you must register the internship course in the fall semester of your junior year if you completed your internship during the summer between your sophomore and junior years. Or if you completed your internship during the summer after your junior year, you must register the course at the beginning of the fall term of your senior (fourth) year. Those students who perform their internship during semester break may register ELE 389 or ELE 390 at the beginning of following spring term.
- For those students whose entrance year is 2015 and later, the "MÜH 103 & MÜH 104 - Occupational Health and Safety I/II" courses are compulsory. 2019-2020 spring term's section codes of MÜH 103 are set as 4 and 5. (These courses had existed with course codes of HAS 222 ad HAS 223 respectively within our curriculum before; and now, as of 2019-2020 spring term, they have been renamed as MÜH 103 and MÜH 104.)
- The section codes for ELE 389 and ELE 390 are both 1.
- AIT 204 - Ataturk's Principles & History of His Reforms II sections: International students should code section 81, and students of Turkish nationality should code sections 71 or 171 for this course. The course hours for international students are scheduled between 15:00 and 16:50 on Tuesdays.
- TKD 104 - Turkish Language II course is given online only from http://blackboard.hacettepe.edu.tr .
- In order to graduate, senior (fourth grade) students must take at least 28 local credits and 54 ECTS credits(excluding ELE 401 and ELE 402) taking course + laboratory consistencies into account.
- For ELE 401 / ELE 402 - Senior Design Project's section codes: Please find and use the section code corresponding to your project supervisor based on the document "Section Codes for ELE 401 - 402 Graduation Project" (link on the side / below).
- Prerequisite system for some undergraduate courses came into operation starting from 2016-2017 academic year. Prerequisite system dictates that a course cannot be registered during the enrollment before its prerequiste course(s) are taken and succeeded (please see the table of prerequisite courses on the Tables of Prerequisite and Concurrent Courses page).
There might be a possibility of some minor changes to be made in the documents. We recommend you to check the documents frequently.