Information for Registration
2020-2021 SPRING TERM
This page may be updated as new information arrives. Please check back frequently.
Update: Feb. 16, 2021 @ 20:00
- For the 2020-2021 spring term registration procedures please visit the Office of Student Affairs' Web site: http://www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr. Please follow the procedures in "Öğrenci Ders Kayıt Kılavuzu" document published on the web site carefully.
- In addition please make sure you have read the regulation on that web page as well. Please consult your academic advisor if you have problems with the language.
- Please be reminded that students in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semesters can register maximum of 30 ECTS credits.
- There will be no quota extension in the courses that have two or more lecturers before all sections become full.
- If you wish to take a course from another University, you will need to report this intention to the department before the start of the semester and acquire necessary permissions. http://www.muhfak.hacettepe.edu.tr/tr/menu/yararli_belgeler-178
- First, second and third grade laboratories have 8 sections (21-28), whereas fourth grade laboratories have 5 sections (21-25). If you cannot register to a section due to full-quota try other sections. The section number you select does not matter as the laboratory hours will be announced later by the laboratory assistants.
- Please pay attention in your registrations to keep course + laboratory consistency. If you failed one of these it would be sufficient to take only the course or lab that you failed.
- Each internship practice of 15 days will be coded either as ELE 389 and ELE 390 in accordance with the present term. However, any of these courses must not be registered unless the student performed the internship (at least 15 days) and wrote the report since these courses have credits and will be graded as any other course. For instance, you must register the internship course in the fall semester of your junior year if you completed your internship during the summer between your sophomore and junior years. Or if you completed your internship during the summer after your junior year, you must register the course at the beginning of the fall term of your senior (fourth) year. Those students who perform their internship during semester break may register ELE 389 or ELE 390 at the beginning of following spring term.
- For those students whose entrance year is 2015 and later, the "MÜH 103 & MÜH 104 - Occupational Health and Safety I/II" courses are compulsory. 2019-2020 spring term's section codes of MÜH 103 are set as 4 and 5. (These courses had existed with course codes of HAS 222 ad HAS 223 respectively within our curriculum before; and now, as of 2019-2020 spring term, they have been renamed as MÜH 103 and MÜH 104.)
- The section codes for ELE 389 and ELE 390 are both 1.
- UNI 101 Orientation course is compulsory for all students.
- TKD 104 - Turkish Language II course is given online only from http://blackboard.hacettepe.edu.tr.
- In order to graduate, senior (fourth grade) students must take at least 28 local credits and 54 ECTS credits(excluding ELE 401 and ELE 402) taking course + laboratory consistencies into account.
- For ELE 401 / ELE 402 - Senior Design Project's section codes: Please find and use the section code corresponding to your project supervisor based on the document "Section Codes for ELE 401 - 402 Graduation Project" (link on the side / below).
- Prerequisite system for some undergraduate courses came into operation starting from 2016-2017 academic year. Prerequisite system dictates that a course cannot be registered during the enrollment before its prerequiste course(s) are taken and succeeded (please see the table of prerequisite courses on the Tables of Prerequisite and Concurrent Courses page).
- All students are required to take at least 2 non-technical elective courses (SEC courses etc) with a total credit of 7 ECTS.
Important Information regarding ELE205
- For this term only, ELE 205 Circuit Theory Lab course will be provided online.
- The electronic components to be used will be specified and required in the laboratory work.
- ELE 205 Circuit Theory Lab will be available to those students who have already taken ELE 203 Circuit Theory I course previously or to take it this term.
- Those who are bound by the 30 ECTS credit limit (those who are within the first 4 semesters) and have not taken the ELE205 lab previously will be able to override the limit approval of their petition.
- Those students that are not bound by the 30 ECTS limit should also file a petition and indicate its reasoning.
- Students should file a petition and send it in electronic format as a pdf attachment1 for approval.
1: If you wish, instead of printing out the petition and signing in ink, you may simply fill in the petition and Save as > pdf then open it with Adobe Reader; here you can sign it with "Fill & Sign > Place Signature". (You will need to include your signature in electronic form in this tab.)
There might be a possibility of some minor changes to be made in the documents. We recommend you to check the documents frequently.