Program Educational Objectives & Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The purpose of the undergraduate program of the department is to contribute to accumulation of scientific and technological knowledge in various fields of electrical and electronics engineering, to train highly qualified engineers equipped with state of the art knowledge and analytical thinking and problem solving skills, and to support the country's technological progress by collaborating with industrial partners.
Within a few years of graduation, the graduates of the undergraduate
program of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
Hacettepe University are expected to
- Play leading roles in the design and production of electrical and electronics systems, and be highly preferred by various industrial organizations in the country and the world, respected for their professionalism.
- Carry out electrical and electronics engineering and interdisciplinary work as a confident team member or a leader.
- Perform cutting edge academic and technological research and development. Work for the benefit of the country and the world in accordance with ethical values and codes.
- Develop an awareness and be equipped for entrepreneurship.
- Expand their knowledge and capabilities through continuing education and exercise life-long learning.
The department has adopted the following ABET student outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.